First reflections from Llandrindod…

Hello Everyone,

I am starting to reflect on a really successful meeting in Llandrindod last week. It was great to see old friends, and to make new ones. On the first day, we heard much about the strategic questions from various perspectives, e.g. funding, inspection and support. There was some interesting discussion, and I’ll revisit some of this in future blog postings. I am particularly interested in the E-Guides framework, and exploring ways in which thay may be emulated in Wales. More on that later….

Meanwhile, I am going to unashamedly steal some of Alastair McNaught’s closing presentation. For those who were not there, he did a real high wire act – giving us a choice of technologies which he could demonstrate, with plenty of real audience participation, and no safety net as far as I could see! Below is one example – ‘Make Your Own Podcast on a Telephone’. Once registered, you can simply dial up a number, key in a channel code, and speak. Your file is then stored on their server, and automatically uploaded to your blog (if you choose that option). Click on the link below to listen to my first blogged podcast. If you want to try this for yourself,  you can register online at www.gabcast.com (and probably other sites). It’s free, and it could be a really good way of enabling mobile learners to report back. See what you think…

Gabcast! ACLWalesPodcasts #1 – From Ynys Mon

A short report to test Gabcast